IntroductionXINGFENG Molecular Sieve 13X is the sodium form of the type X
crystal and has a much larger pore opening than the type A
crystals. It will adsorb molecules with a kinetic diameter of
less than 9 Angstrom (0.9 nm) and exclude those larger.
It also has the highest theoretical capacity of the common
adsorbents and very good mass transfer rates. It can remove
impurities too large to fit into a type A crystal and is commonly
used to separate nitrogen from oxygen.
Typical Chemical Formula
Na2O . Al2O3 . (2.8±0.2) SiO2 . (6~7)H2O
SiO2 : Al2O3 ≈2.6-3.0
Size ratio up to grade
Static water adsorption
Static CO2 adsorption
Water content, as shipped
1) Removal of CO2 and moisture from air (air pre-purification)
and other gases.
2) Separation of enriched oxygen from air.
3) Removal of mercaptans and hydrogen sulphide
from natural gas.
4) Removal of mercaptans and hydrpogen sulphide from hydrocarbon
liquid streams (LPG, butane, propane etc.)
5) Catalyst protection, removal of oxygenates from hydrocarbons
6) Removal of n-chained compositions from aromatics.
7) Production of bulk oxygenin PSA units .
8) Production of medical oxygen in small scale oxygen
molecular sieve Type 13X can be regenerated by either heating in
the case of thermal swing processes; or by lowering the pressure in
the case of pressure swing processes.
To remove moisture from a 13X molecular sieve, a temperature of
250-300°C is required. A properly regenerated molecular sieve can
give moisture dew points below -100°C, or mercaptan or CO2 levels
below 2 ppmv.
The outlet concentrations on a pressure swing process will depend
on the gas present, and on the conditions of the process
13X - Zeolites are available in beads of 1-2 mm, (10x18 mesh)
2-3 mm, (8x12 mesh) , 2.5-5 mm, (4x8 mesh) and as powder, and
in pellet 1.6”, 3.2”.
To avoid damp and pre-adsorption of organic before running, or must
to be reactivated.
Contact person:Ms.Queenie Zhang